Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

martedì 8 novembre 2011

DIY TUTORIAL: SHOULDER PADS/EPAULETTES FROM AN OLD BRA

Hello!
It's been two months since my last update.
As you can see my header has changed and so is the blog. I decided to make I Have A Deer something more than a traditional jewellery shop. I would like to post tutorial, sharing music (I'm a big indie fan! :D), inspirations and whatever comes to my mind. Oh, and I'm seriously thinking about writing only in english.

Photobucket

Anyway, let's start with the tutorial:


How to make shoulder pads/epaulettes from an old bra!
Yesterday I found these pair of shoulder pads from Pinko and I got inspired to make them myself.
Of course my try is way different from the Pinko one, but I have to say that, even if I usually don't like sequined things and glitter, I really like the final result. As you can see they're a bit excessive, so I think I won't use them everytime, but according to me they're perfect for parties.
You can use them on jacket, blazer or to add a unique touch on your top. I'll soon take some picture with some examples. Hope you like it!



Things you need:
- Bra;
-Gold Glitter;
-Vinyl Glue;
-Strass;
-Adhesive Strap;
-Hairspray;
-Hot Glue;
-Fringe;
-String;
-Tiny Gold Chain.

You can find everything at the craft store (Let me know if you can also find the bra there ahaha)

Time:
1 hour

Cost:
7 euro in total


-Cut the cups of the bra leaving the wire
Photobucket

-Cut the piece that should be tied to straps
Photobucket

-You should get something like this: it's the base!
Photobucket


-Now mix the vinyl glue with some glitter (not too much!)
Photobucket
Photobucket

-With a brush, spread the glue on your base:
Photobucket
Be messy! It doesn't matter if you're not much careful.

-Cover your base with glitter
Photobucket
Photobucket

-Remove the excess
Photobucket

-Then, cover again your base
Photobucket

-Repeat these steps until the glitter will be spread smoothly

-Gently remove some glitter with a toothpick
Photobucket

-Hot Glue your strass (I took them from a broken bracelet) trying to create a pattern
Photobucket
Photobucket

-Hairspray to fix the glitter
Photobucket

-Hot Glue the fringe
Photobucket

-Hot glue the gold chain and finally add the chord
Photobucket
Photobucket

You're almost done!

-Fill the empty spaces with glue and glitter
Photobucket
Photobucket

Hairspray again!
Leave it to dry at least for 24 hours.

-Attache the adhesive strap under your cup and under your jacket
Photobucket
Photobucket

-Sew it if needed.
Photobucket

Yeeees! You're done! You're sparkling, are you?


Pinko's (120£):
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mine (7€):
Photobucket

Let me know what you think!
Bye

2 commenti:

  1. Wooooooooow! Girl, this is genious!! Like, seriously! Easy to make, proud to wear! :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. amazing idea, this looks so expensive and chic!

    RispondiElimina

Follow me and I'll follow back (:
Add me on: GFC|Twitter|Facebook|Bloglovin'